Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: Authentic Monmouth Caps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Buy and Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: FS: Authentic Monmouth Caps Reply with quote

After the discussions at Caldicot about portraying the regiment at different stages of the war, the suggestion was put forward that Monmouth Caps/Statute hats would be more appropriate to an early regiment.

With that in mind I thought I'd put post a plug for my Mum's Monmouth caps:

They are based on a surviving 16th Century example in the Nelson Museum in Monmouth (The basic design doesn't appear to have changed since Medieval times so it would almost certainly be right for our period)

They are made from handspun Ryland fleece (widespread at the time), handknitted and unbleached/undyed using natural fleece colours. You can have them dyed with natural dyes if you so wish. You can also choose to have it felted or unfelted.

For anyone who has admired my current Monmouth cap, these are even better! Mum has done a lot more research and refinement since then.

She's looking for around 35 (equivalent to a lot of machine produced caps available) but at present it would just be good to know how many people are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Buy and Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: