Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War Reports, a place to put your battle experiences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spy Finder General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: War Reports, a place to put your battle experiences Reply with quote

In my efforts to find and expose the spy within our midst! I posed as a pike bearing ruffian in the accursed kings ranks at the recent battle of Nantwich. The day was fine and the march through the town was punctuated by the cries of the rebels from the local taverns. The battlefield had shrunk this year due to the construction of a riverside path, preventing us pushing the perfidious Scots regiment facing us in to the river. The Highland Charge was bravely given and bravely held by point of pike. Swords where drawn and blood spilt (one crushed finger amongst the musket block). The Scots regiment earned our respect as they faced musket volley flowed by pike at point, the way it should be done, pike and musket working together. The force of numbers and history finally caused us to fall back in disorder and flight. Many prisoners where taken including that twice turn coat Coronal nay General Monk. The rose bowel presentation was protracted, but the march back glorious. If only the Parliamentary heroes defending the town had Dragoons they could have cut our retreat off. Maybe next year a small Parliamentary Dragoon presence may be seen, sporting their new unique uniforms.
Rob Jones

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent post, Steve.
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirs,

I feel I must acquaint you with a true representation of the facts relating to an incident which occurred at the recent battle of Stratton in that dark and ungodly county of Cornwalle. I do this to rebuff certain vile rumours, spread by popish malignants who would seek to impune my valour on the field of battle.

The battle to which I relate, being on the sabbath day, was hard fought and all the harder for our ranks had been thinned by much base desertion during the night. To which point we, being heavily outnumbered, found ourselves surrounded by the enemie with no hope of relief. Alas, despite fighting bravely to a man (although one I strongly suspected to be, in fact, a woman) I found that I alone of all my companie had survived the onslaught and was now surrounded by green-coated devils who, more like wolves than men, closed upon me intent upon my death. I withdrew in good order, facing the enemy, with my weapon raised.

They relented not and as they moved ever closer I heard one of the impudent curs utter the words "We've got a brave one 'ere!" Perceiving the hopelesness of my situation and being now satisfied that, by their own admission, I had proved my worth in combat I felt it prudent to withdraw a little more rapidly.

I must confess my withdrawal was a little disorderly and to the untrained and cursory eye it may have appeared to be a rout. However, to the learned and experienced eye it could not have been other than a prudent withdrawal. But it was in vain for I was soon overtaken by the enemy and given a sharp blow to the back upon which I cunningly feigned death with such conviction that the enemy, thinking me dead, relented and returned to the fray.

Having thus given a true and accurate relation of the facts it only remains for me to prevail upon you, gentle reader, to give no countenance to such slanders and gross exaggerations that you may hear pertaining to these events. I humbly implore that when you hear such words as "Running away" and "Comedy death" you would regard them as slander and those that spake them as knaves.
Rob Jones

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can all discern the real truth Gareth Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: