Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter kit improvements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Winter kit improvements Reply with quote

As you are all no doubt aware, our glorious leader has outlined some kit improvements/additions he would like to see in order to make us more, well, Dragooney.

How are people getting on with this?

I have plans in motion for Cockers and I'm hoping to get Mr. Fisher to fit a sling on my musket, but I'm not sure how to proceed with the "Hedging Implement" side of things.

Getting hold of a Billhook or Hatchet shouldn't pose too many problems, but how do we carry it? Are there any contemporary holsters in existence?
lizalford

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: I am not letting Joe carry a billhook! Reply with quote

The glorious leader has kept this one quiet - probably because the idea of Bob, Joe and his mates with billhooks is potentially life threatening. As for obtaining one of these ...... I am sure there are tons still lurking in my Dad's sheds (and I do mean plural). My Grandfather had all forms of hedging implements which Dad took over - anyone fancy a full blown agricultural sythe?
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I am not letting Joe carry a billhook! Reply with quote

lizalford wrote:
anyone fancy a full blown agricultural sythe?

Only if I can have a huge hooded black cloak and skeletal face mask to go with it!
saskia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dad has got a axe but that is as far as we have got with the new kit.
Rachel the Spy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already got a billhook and Stephen has a hatchet, bit worried about the handle though, what should it look like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: