Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone make one of these please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Can someone make one of these please? Reply with quote

Found this 30YW website via the beertent. It's got some quality stuff on it but this particular beauty caught my eye:

http://www.engerisser.de/Bewaffnung/weapons/Doublehackbut.html

It even has a great name - a "Doppelhaken"!
The Huntsman of Soest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beasty belongs to Peter Engerisser, whose site it's on. I have contacted him about swords in the past and hope to source a 1623 musket from him (repro I hasten to add). He attends Memmingen every 4 years with his group (whose name eludes me for the moment, but Swedish unit I think). So if anyone is up for Memmingen or White Mountain next time let me know, as it would be good to meet up with his group and swap ideas (as well as muskets).

Their hardware (firearms swords etc) are superb, but the soft kit is not so hot.
saskia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to go to Memmingen again. I will hopefully be driving myself. Very Happy Very Happy
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to do some re-enacting in foreign climes. I frequently get told about how brilliant it is in Holland/Germany/Italy etc.

I'll happily go to Memmingen if Herr Engerisser would let me have a go on his Doppelhaken! Shocked
The Huntsman of Soest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a postscript, I contacted the bod who made this piece, about making me an early period (1610ish) musket. I got an instant response (better than most UK craftsmen, but that's Teutonic efficiency for you), offering to send me a catalogue.

His basic musket prices kick off at 1400 euros Shocked

I'm sure they are worth it, but I can't help feeling that they are considerably better made than most original munitions muskets. His inlayed Elizabethan period pistols are to die for though.
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I win the lottery...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: