Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Torrington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Torrington Reply with quote

Just had a nice day at Great Torrington - especially as I now have an SK musket certificate and I was able to take part in the firing. Oh yes!

All things being equal I will hopefully be going bang at Naseby...
Rob Jones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hurrah for that!

Did the prospective new recruit show?
Gruff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's the rub...

Abbey had been fighting off flu all week so she needed some time to get going on the Saturday morning.

We left at around 12:30 in the end, but by the time we got to Tavistock Abbey was feeling so rough I had to take her back to Plymouth so I didn't arrive in Torrington until about 3:00. I thought I might have missed most of the afternoon action but in actual fact I arrived just as the powder-master arrived and before any firing had taken place at all.

I may have missed Howard prior to this, although we hadn't arranged an exact time to meet and he sounded like he was going to come later in the afternoon rather than earlier.

To be honest, I was the only Wardlaw there and I was being instructed in the dark arts of drawing powder almost as soon as I arrived. If He was going to say hello I would have expected him to approach me/someone after we had finished the musket demonstration and were talking to spectators.

I hope I didn't miss him. Confused
Rob Jones

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just been going back over our e-mail conversations and i'm not sure he was going after all.

No matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Re-enacting Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: