Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index Wardlaw's Dragoones
Regimental forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kitting Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Buy and Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannolad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Kitting Out Reply with quote

Good Morning All,

Having made the decision to take the plunge a while ago and now having made my mind up after meeting Gordon, I want to get some basics together (having already bought, shirt, breeches, socks, customised a set of desert boots - latchets are a step too far this side of Christmas, and felt hat). I am looking for a snap sack and bandolier with apostles, if anybody has an old one tucked away they would like to sell, it would be appreciated.

I thought I would ask, as if you are like me with my railway kit (I used to volunteer on Nene Valley and am now a volunteer on Mid Hants), I could open my own flea market with railway kit.

Regards

Danny
Dannolad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I now have my Christmas presents sorted out (with some very strange looks from the family) Kelly kindly bought me a bandolier, and I have a snapsack and belt pouch.

I cant help looking at all the online shops though at all that 'shiny shiny kit' Rolling Eyes
bluefish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, looks like you'll be full kitted out by easter, the musket looks great, hope your dummy will too. could he make it with a dummy barrel that could be replaced with a real once you've pass your musket test??
Dannolad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be fully kitted by the first muster. The musket that is being made for me is all pretty much as the live fire, just the touch hole has not been drilled. The MOD and my Domestic CO will not allow me to have a 'live' weapon in the house, so I will just have to shout 'BANG' or prevail upon some kind person to store a live version for me.

I just have my Wardlaws doublet to obtain and some of you may have seen I have advertised for a NMA doublet on Knotters Corner and Living History (which reminds me, what colour are our cuffs?)

Still finding it a problem to kit Kelly out (she is a little picky about dresses). Rolling Eyes
bluefish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan you'll have to put your musket on someones elses licence when it become fireable. Tim may be your best bet if you can't keep it on the base. He is closest to you.
The turn backs on your NMA coat should be blue, use some of the Wardlaw blue cloth I gave you.
Kelly might do best looking for a dress at the spring TORM, I'll get some of the girls to go shopping with her.
Abs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will happily help Kelly if she wants a hand with a dress, or petticoat and bodice which is the more common. I would say don't worry about NMA for the mo. we don't use it all that often and I think that as a regiment it might be a good idea to start thinking about getting a uniform coat for NMA (as in making sure we all have the same)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wardlaw's Dragoones Forum Index -> Buy and Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: